- Classes are created for Suzuki program students and for Conservatory program students: enter by Suzuki Level or Conservatory Grade.
- All classical pieces must be chosen from the Suzuki Violin Levels or the syllabi of the Royal Conservatory of Music, Conservatory Canada, or any other recognized syllabus. Enter selection(s) at the appropriate grade level. All solo classes must be entered at the same level.
- To be considered for an award, participants must perform a Concert Group or 2 solo pieces.
- Adult fees and times are based on grade levels listed in the charts.
- Please see "How to Enter the Festival" on the Registration page.
- PLEASE NOTE: To qualify for the Provincial Festival, a student must enter 2 Solo Classes in one discipline. Performing Arts BC considers a Concert Group (consisting of 2 or 3 pieces) as 1 class only, therefore he/she must enter a Concert Group plus another Solo Class - or - enter 2 (or more) separate Solo Classes.
- Participants recommended to PERFORMING ARTS BC in two disciplines may attend in ONE discipline only.
Suzuki Violin Levels:
- Twinkle Variation I to Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Vol. I)
- O Come Little Children to Andantino (Vol.1)
- Etude to Gossec Gavotte (Vol. 1)
- Chorus to Handel Bourree (Vol. 2)
- Two Grenadiers to Boccherini Minuet (Vol. 2)
- Martini Gavotte to Bach Gavotte (Vol. 3)
- Bach Bourree (Vol. 3) to Seitz No.5, 3rd mov’t (Vol. 4)
- Vivaldi Concerto in A minor, 1st mov’t. (Vol. 4) to 2nd mov’t (Vol. 5)
- Concerto in G minor (excluding German Dance) (Vol. 5) to Handel Sonata No.4 (Vol. 6)
- Mozart Minuet (Vol. 7) to Veracini Sonata(Vol. 8)
Suzuki Cello Levels:
- Twinkle Variations to Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Vol.1)
- O Come Little Children to Andantino(Vol.1)
- Rigadoom to Minuet 2 (Vol.1)
- Long, Long Ago to Hunters Chorus (Vol. 1)
- Musette to Bourree (Vol. 2)
- Berceuse to Minuet in G (Vol. 3)
- Gavotte in c minor to Allegro Moderato (Vol. 3)
- Volume 4
- Volumes 5 & 6
- Volumes 7 & 8
Suzuki Viola Levels:
Classes and Levels will be assigned in a similar manner to the violin classes on receipt of entry forms. State titles of selections on the entry form. Time limits and fees are the same as above String levels.